For the mother of the bride or groom, her child’s wedding is truly special. Her son or daughter is someone she has nurtured and cherished. So how does one give her that place of ultimate importance? We suggest making her look as stunning on the outside as she is on the inside and nothing does it better than the graceful sari!
Here are 10 sarees we love and recommend for the mother of the bride or groom:
1. Now is the best time to bring out that treasured silk heirloom saree from your mom’s wardrobe. Ace the classic traditional look with a soft bun and flowers in the hair. Choose auspicious wedding colors like ivory, pink, red, orange, yellow etc
2. Mothers play wedding hosts and usually have a lot of running around to do while attending to guests and making sure that everything is in order. A fuss free georgette or sheer saree in dreamy pastel hues are perfect for a summer wedding.
3. Don’t shy away from bling, and get her to flaunt a six yard drape detailed with sequin work, mirror work or gota patti details to suit the grand occasion.
4. Style your mother in lovely floral blooms, for a delightful vintage look. We suggest small intricate garden embroideries to keep it sophisticated and classy.
5. A pre-draped saree is not only a perfect blend of classic and modern styles, but also a fuss free option while your super mom puts on a great wedding party for you! Opt for minimal detailing to enhance the silhouette, and pick a heavily embellished blouse to make it wedding-appropriate.
6. Make sure your mother stands out in a crowd of traditional sarees, with a fun fusion style - dhoti sarees, maxi sarees etc. to add a youthful vibe to her look.
7. If the weather permits, take your saree styling a notch higher by layering it with an embellished jacket or long cape. Super chic and statement-making all at once, the saree-jacket look is surely one of the most sought-after styles for the Mother of the bride.
8. Bring back some old-world charm by pairing a sari with a high neck heavily embroidered blouse. A style that is evergreen and yet always a number for your dearest mother.
9. A belted saree is the perfect option for the style conscious mom.
10. Full sleeves are a big trend this season, and we cannot get enough of it! Style your mother’s saree with an intricately embroidered full sleeved blouses to keep the look elegant and graceful.