To put it simply, a bridal trousseau is a collection of treasured outfits and accessories that mark the beginning of a new chapter in a bride’s life and putting it together is one of the most exciting things for a bride to do. Planning the trousseau can be a difficult task considering how confusing it can be to decide what to buy for the bride-to-be. Here are some tips to keep in mind while planning your bridal trousseau.
1. Create a balance of traditional classics and festive fusion so that you’re prepared to look your best for all kinds of occasions.
2. Select a few statement outfits in bright and auspicious colours such as pinks and reds that work perfectly for a newly wedded bride.
3. Catch up on the latest must-have trends and include floral embroideries, banarasi brocades, embellished dupattas and colour on colour lehengas in the trousseau.
4. A bridal trousseau is incomplete without the anarkalis and kurta sets in jewel tones, pastel shades and classic neutrals. Team your kurtas with palazzos for a look that’s comfortable yet stylish at the same time.
5. For the modern day bride, festive fusion and contemporary outfits are a great pick. We recommend that you include chic capes and skirt sets, kurta sets with bell sleeves, off shoulder styles & more.
6. Don’t forget to pack light and easy-to-carry lehengas for all the post wedding ceremonies and functions.
7. For family dinners and get-togethers, opt for mix and match festive kurtas and tunics.
8. When it comes to the most integral part of the bride’s trousseau, we would definitely vote for traditional handloom saris. Team them up with statement blouses for a look that stands out!
9. Blouses that are versatile are also a trousseau essential. Pick neutral colours that can be paired with multiple styles so you can mix and match to create a new look each time.
10. Keep a combination of Indian and contemporary jewelry so that you’re equipped to accessorize every look.
11. Gold toned clutches & potlis can be paired with nearly all your trousseau outfits.
12. Last but definitely not the least, have a versatile collection of sturdy and stylish wedges, embellished juttis and also neutral toned heels that go with every outfit in your trousseau.