Nothing is more exciting than having your hands and feet tattooed with henna. From selecting the style of mehendi that you like, to how detailed it will be, to how high it will extend, you call the shots because you are the bride. When perfection is what you seek, don’t let the ball drop in your choice of your outfit. Here’s what you should keep in mind when planning your Mehendi look.
• Pick fuss-free silhouettes and a fresh color palette that brightens your look and is easy to wear while getting your mehendi done.
• The trends to look out for this season are floral prints, 3-D statement motifs, one-shoulder/off shoulder styles, banarasi brocades, patola and bandhani.
• Go all out with a riot of pop colors for an impactful fun-filled look or choose beautiful pastel tones for a subtle yet sophisticated vibe.
• Pre-draped saris and anarkalis with attached dupattas make it easier to move around when you have mehendi on your hands.
• If you want to go for a traditional look, we recommend festive shararas, sleeveless anarkalis and light lehengas.
• For a contemporary twist, we love an off-shoulder top with a skirt, dhoti pants or a floral gown.
• Keep the jewelry light and easy with floral motifs, enamel work, tassles and colourful stones.
• An embellished hairband is a great way to keep your hair out of the way, and a handy sling bag keeps your essentials safe while you enjoy the celebrations.
• For the groom, opt for a kurta with asymmetric and draped details, refreshing floral prints or a kurta and embellished bandi set for the mehendi function.
Mehendi functions are generally day time events that extend over long hours so make sure you choose an outfit that is light, bright and allows you to stay relaxed in it!