Sangeet is the most anticipated and fun filled night of the big fat Indian wedding. Most couples want to stand out while wearing outfits that are easy to move around in. When elaborate performances are in order, there clearly is wisdom in that decision. We suggest you take this opportunity to sport the Bollywood look! It is both dramatic and easy to carry.
1. The sangeet is all about being experimental and fashion forward with your looks, so ditch the traditional dupatta and opt for pre-draped styles, statement sleeves & capes.
2. For a contemporary twist, fuse traditional silhouettes with western elements, for example, a lehenga with a shirt or a cape, a sari with a jacket.
3. Sari gowns or lehenga gowns are stylish and dramatic yet easy to wear.
4. For a more western look, opt for gowns with a lot of can-can, frills, and ruffles.
5. Jewel tones and metallic colors look great on stage and transform every time the lights hit the outfit.
The general sangeet trend for the ladies is to bling it on with sequins and shimmer as these have easy-to-carry and dramatic options for women. We love the tassels, ruffles, and feathers trend!
Most men inevitably choose comfort over style but rest assured there are options for you to go easy and glam at the same time.
Short sherwanis, draped kurta & bandi sets, and bandhgalas are perfect for you to execute even the most nuanced of dance moves at your sangeet.
So go ahead, set out on a sangeet shopping date, match aesthetics and look beautiful together, the Bollywood way.
Write Your Comments